Sunday, June 13, 2010

MTV Movie Award winner Rain kept his faith with his late mother that he would win such a great award

Rain won 'Biggest Badass Star' Golden Popcorn trophy at 2010 MTV Movie Awards held in LA's Gibson Amphitheater, USA. on June 6th, 9am (by the local time).

Rain stated his feelings about having received the award on KBS 2TV 'Entertainment News' aired on June 12th, “I had promised my late mother 10 years ago that I would surely win such a great one as MTV Movie Award and dedicate it to her. I'm really happy because I seemed to keep my promise."

Before this, Rain expressed, being heading for Amphitheater, "I've never been nervous in any circumstances, but I'm on the edge of my seat this time. In fact, 10 years ago when I didn't debut yet, my wish was to win an award at overseas awards ceremony."

About what he was nominated for a MTV Movie Award, beating top stars, he said, "It is quite absurd. The sort of thing that you would only see on a simulated news has really happened."

He was honest even just before the ceremony began, "I'm so happy. I'm really tense and it is like a dream come true."

When he really won the award, he gave a bright smile by saying, "I'm so pleased. It's like a dream to win the award. My success can be attributed to your hard work." and "I had promised my late mother 10 years ago that I would win such a great award abroad. I'm really happy because I seemed to keep my promise. I can't believe this is for real."

Source: Newsen
Brief translation credit: rain bird@rain-eu.com

No comments: