Monday, August 25, 2008

Rain's phone interview

Q: When did they invite you to perform at the closing ceremony?

A: About a year ago. They invited me in a form of performing with American artists, but finally is performing with Asian artists and cooperating together. Beijing Olympic organizing committee invited me to sing on behalf of Korea. It was reported that director, Zhang Yimou recommended me for both opening and closing ceremony. Four months ago I finally decided to perform, one month ago all performing singers recorded the song together. The beginning segment everyone sing two sentences, but the main part everyone sing together.

Q: You had also performed at this large scale stage previously, but this time you faced 90,000 audiences and several billions of audience around the World, how did you feel?

A: Previously, my performance in Beijing the audience at most in one time was 40,000. Before going on stage I saw the huge performances and facility, I was very nervous. On the stage, all the singers were very excited. The athletes does not matter of colors and races they were all combined into one and enjoyed this grand carnival. When I was performing, I also felt very excited. This is a honored stage.

Q: It was reported that performers and the Olympic organizing committee signed a confidential agreement, but it was disclosed to China media?

A: From my understanding, all performers signed an agreement about confidentiality. First is to prevent terrorist threats, second is to avoid the audiences being too excited, and third is to keep the anxious for the closing ceremony to the end.

Source: 韓聯社
English Translation credit FollowRain@Rain-America.com

No comments: