Sunday, May 01, 2011

Rain interview @ KBS YunYeGaJunGye Time 100 Self camera


~0:07
This is New York, one of the most attractive cities in the world.

0:08~0:14
Rain stood proudly there.

0:16
Word star Rain stands in New York.

0:20~0:27
The reason why Rain visited New York last 27th is because he was picked as one of this year's 100 most influential people in the world by U.S. weekly magazine 'Time'.

0:31
Rain who is the most popular Hanryu star these days.

0:39~0:52
He has ranked first after receiving overwhelming support from his fans all over the world on the 2011 Time online poll and has been included in the top 100 most influential people in the world twice since 2006.
He is the first Asian and Korean to be included twice in the final list.

0:54
KBS 'YonYeGaJoongGye' (KBS live broadcast of the entertainment world) kept up his close coverage of the visit to New York.

0:59~1:04
The day (last 24th) he left the country for New York with a glad heart, crowds of reporters and his fans swarmed the airport.

1:10
On the flight to New York.

1:16~1:22
Rain: This is the first time for me to use a self camera on the flight.
You've asked me some questions..Now I will answer your questions.

1:26~1:42
Q: If you go to New York, who do you want to meet the most?

Rain: First I want to meet U.S. President 'Barack Obama', and later 'Oprah Winfrey'..
That way, I want to take a picture together with the two and then hang the picture on a wall in my living room.

1:45~2:12
Q: What do you usually do on a flight?

Rain: First, I gorge to the bursting-point, and I eat again after making the digested food excreted from the body at the rest room...Just kidding..

Second, listening to music. Many people want to know if my MP3 player holds my own songs, of course, it contains them, but I don't listen at all because I've done it a thousand times.

2:20
Rain: I'll see you again in New York. Thank you..
(We appreciate your being frank)

2:23~2:26
Finally, he arrived in New York.
Just as if the city was waiting for him because it knew ahead of time that he would be there, it happened that it was raining when Rain arrived in the city.

2:31~2:48
Rain: I'm really glad to be here again after all these years.
The reason I opt to wear sunglasses at this time of night is that my face is too puffed up....because I couldn't sleep last night because I was so nervous..

2:51
We met Rain again early the next morning.

2:55~
Q: Why have you been out early in the morning?

Rain: I'm trying to search for some idea that can be helpful in making my next album.

3:06~3:18
Rain looking round the town.
A loaf of bread is better than the song of many birds.
Testing good breakfast makes Rain happy.

3:24~3:28
Rain: Can you see Manhattan ? It is Times Square.

3:29
The city is very fascinating like Rain.
The next day we called on him again.

3:42~3:52
Rain: It’s a big day for me.
It makes me feel good and excited to meet the world's celebrities.

3:56~
Rain walking into the event whose face was brighter than ever and seized the spotlight.

4:03~
Rain: I'll come back.

4:07~4:10
It was impossible for us to attend the party because it was held in private.
But, he opened a picture of him with famous singer 'Sting' to the public via his Twitter.

4:12~4:23
Q: What was it like to take part?

Rain: I was photographed with Sting, but contrary to expectations, the first lady didn't come. I enjoyed the dinner very much and spend meaningful time with the people, and heard Sting sing.

4:23~4:26
It is now possible for Rain to grade up with Sting who has been an idol to him.

4:30~4:36
Rain: If I ever have another chance to attend the party, my goal is to sing on its stage.

4:38
Our proud Rain who let the entire world know Korea in New York.
Hope it won't be long till he sings in the stage of the Time 100 gala party.

4:44~
Rain: I had a nice trip.
I'd like to thank all of you for your ongoing support.
Thank you..

Source: DC
Video credit: ratoka@youtube.com
English translation by rain bird@rain-eu.com

No comments: