Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Vacation with Rain

On July 27th afternoon, Rain held a fan meeting "Summer Vacation with Rain" in Seoul Olympic hall in Olympic Park. On the day of the fan meeting, there were 3000 fans from Korea, Japan, China. Also, there were fans came all the way from America and Europe(cheers!) The MC for the fan meeting was Kim Jae Dong.

Since last year Rain had filmed two Hollywood movies, on the press conference Rain said, "I thought it would be more relax to shoot movies in Hollywood, I didn't expect it was much more tired than in Korea. Moreover, the production cost for Hollywood movies by far is much higher than in Korea. One day's shooting expense almost equal 1/3 of the overall production cost for the whole movie in Korea. Therefore, the shooting continued from 8am in the morning until the evening, almost no time to rest."

During the fan meeting, Rain recollected his past 6 years achievements, that included the first time won champion in music program, won year end awards, world tour and participated in Hollywood movies, etc. these were selected as the most impressive things since debut.

The whole fan meeting lasted for about two and a half hour, Rain and fans played very happily in the fan meeting. Rain danced in the opening of the fan meeting, then he played games with the fans, gave out presents to the fans and answered to the selected fan questions.

When asked since 6 years after debut, what were some unforgettable things between the fans and him. Rain expressed sometime when he read fans message he felt grieved, he said, "I saw a gentleman's message, he said his wife had illness and hope to meet with me, at that time I felt grieved, later me and my manager went to visit this patient. I don't have anything else to do for everybody but things that I can help I wish to contribute."

After the fan meeting, Rain will continue to work on his upcoming album which will be release around October.

Rain expressed, "originally I planned to release my new album on September, however because of the work for Ninja Assassin must be complete before I can work on the album, so now the album will be release around October instead. I hope after the promotion in Korea, Japan, China and Thailand, etc. I can start prepare for concert."

Rain also expressed, "At the end of this year everyone will be able to see me frequently, maybe you will be tired of it." He emphasized he will be appear as singer status at the end of this year and will start activities in different countries in Asia.

Source: Sina News / MyDaily / ent.QQ / Innolife
English Translation Credit: FollowRain@Rain-America.com

No comments: