Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rain at Japan Fan Meeting (Full Report)

Although the fan meeting began at 7:00 p.m., all fans were busy from morning till night, from airport, hotel, getting tickets to waiting to enter the venues. We did all these things together and felt like in a big family, very warm and exciting!

The fans are all experts now. They know everything about Rain and love him deeply. It's the reckless love. They are all lovely.

I made lots of new friends this time. I felt sorry to my daughter that I made her lose the chance to see Rain. Luckily, I got a good seat in the fan meeting, the sixth row in the ground floor, right hand side of the stage. It's about 20 meters from Rain. This time, I can see Rain clearly!

At the very beginning, they played the video from Rain which we watched it before but with Rain's song "Friends". Everyone were so excited to wait for Rain. Today's topic is Rain's gift, Rain's gift to us. At the end of the video, Rain came out from a big gift box. We were all screaming. The video screen was pulled up and Rain came out to the stage!

Rain then began to sing "I do!". He was so lovely and always passed the microphone to us and let us sing together with him. He even purposely shaked his pp and turned his head back to us to see our reactions ... haha!

His hair style was almost the same as we saw him in airport, wearing white T-shirt and patch jeans. He wore black T-shirt and jeans at airport! Next the MC came out and began the Q and A section.

Q1. How do you feel about this fan meeting?

Rain: I felt such a long time did not have close contact with my fans, I wanted to have a free space with my fans, like interaction, today I belonged to the fans, you guys can come to sing and dance, haha! Just kidding!

Q2. How do you think of writing a letter to fans on the plane?

Rain: Sometimes I don’t understand why I couldn’t lay back and give up on breaking into Hollywood, give up singing and dancing for fans, give up my earned results, and going into a new world to start a new path. Later when I thought about it, it is because I have fans support so I got all the power. I felt very grateful to fans and the staffs at J.Tune. Therefore, I wrote a letter to everyone on the plane.

Q3. If you have one month vacation, what do you want to do the most?

Rain: I wanted to have a concert, a concert that belongs to me and my fans. A type of concert that full of interactions, free and relaxed.

Q4: How do you wish everybody call you? Bi? Rain? Jihoon?

Rain: Rain! (everybody was calling "Rain", he was so happy!)

Q5: If you go to karaoke, what song do you want to sing the most?

Rain: I rarely go to karaoke, but if I go, I will sing my favorite song, "I believe I can fly" (He sung part of the song live with his magnetic vocal cord which killed everybody)

Q6: You have been away from Korea for awhile, now you are back, what do you want to eat the most?

Rain: Spicy cabbage! Then Sushi! And ramen! I am not picky on food, I like all kinds of food….everybody know I love eating so whoever snatch my food I will be unhappy. I won’t treat them well, haha! So the people around me never take my food.

Q7: What do you think what everybody’s thought are about your cutest part?

Rain: (fans first shout the eyes) someone said shoulder, another said lip, everybody helped me to answer this question.

Q8: If you have a girlfriend, what would you cook for her?

Rain: Fried lunar new year cake. It depends on my mood, when I’m mad the taste will be spicy and salty. When I’m happy the taste will be perfect. So if you want to eat the food that I make, you better find me when I have a good mood, haha! Really salty!

Q9: What are some of your habits when you are recording?

Rain: haha, I like to use body languages and hand gestures to express my feelings, my hands would move like grasp and my body would sway, haha, so you can’t look at me when I’m recording...

Fans: We want to see!

Rain: alright you can see a bit!
(Then Rain showed how he was when he recorded the song "I do"….his hand start the grasp gesture and then he laughed nonstop)

Rain: When I am on stage I don’t feel nervous, I have confidence because I prepared well so I can show myself 100%. But when I am off the stage, I become shy and I don’t know how to show off myself, this could be a problem.

Q10: Do you like to drink? How is your drinking? What kind of alcohol do you like?

Rain: I like to drink Korean rice wine, then I like bomb drinks. I told this before, I have once drank with the brother of G.O.D., we were beating with drinks, I didn’t want to lose to him so I kept on drinking, when I reached my 36th drink I lose my memory. I guessed same as a whisky, haha!

Q11: Where do you want to go with your girlfriend?

Rain: To the hot spring! Haha, we can go together! (Fans start screaming, MC said in the hot spring cannot stay in the soak together)

Rain: no problem we can do it together, hahahaha, just kidding!

Q12: You are so busy now, usually how many hours do you sleep?

Rain: I don’t sleep much, like yesterday I only slept for 3 hours. When I’m finished my busy schedule I flied back to Korea, rested a little then rushed to here. (Fans felt sad and all sighed)

Q13: But how can your skin be so good?

Rain: haha, those are make-up.

MC: I also put on make-up but how come mine does not work?!

Rain: I’m young, haha...

Q14: Recently what things made you feel happy?

Rain: From the moment that movie "Ninja Assassin" shooting ends, got back my freedom, from actor Jung Ji Hoon came back as singer Rain, came back to everybody, these made me feel so happy!

Q15. Do you like the gifts that fans gave you? How do you use them?
Rain: My house already full of gifts and couldn't put anymore clothes, haha, but sometime I will specially use fans gifts so they can see it and feel happy. Fans really understand me, the gifts they brought me are the things that I like. Those gifts fit me, haha, thank you everyone! But in the future don't buy anymore expensive gifts, haha!

Q16. Fans always wait for you at your office, do you feel happy about this? How do you feel about it?
Rain: I hope you guys don't come in the winter, is too cold to wait outside, it gives me a lot of pressure, I don't know what to do. Why do so many fans come visit during winter? You guys should come during spring and summer, these seasons Korea is pretty and my heart will feel better! (This part Rain was really cute, he felt helpless but happy at the same time, filled with love to fans!)

Q17. Why do you want to hold a fan meeting?
Rain: Yes, I worked hard to earn money, I saved up my money in order to hold this fan meeting for everyone.


After answering the questions, the organizer brought out a cake for Rain. The candles seemed not able to blow it out, Rain tried to blow many times, he was so cute at that time. Everybody sung the Korean happy birthday song to him.

Next, Rain gave away gifts to the fans, most of the gifts are the official goods from his website. There were a pair of unique sun glasses designed by Rain and necklaces that he worn from his drama, also the blue apron that he worn from the 24 hours DVD. He gave away the 24 hours DVD as well. All gifts had Rain’s autograph on it. After Rain gave away the gifts, he hugged the fans and shook hands with them.

Last, he sung "How to avoid the sun" then he disappeared. Everybody screamed encore. They waited for a moment then the music started, silver color balloons fell down from the ceiling, Rain then sung "Instead of saying goodbye", he was very happy. He threw a towel to the fans. At the end, he bowed to everyone and the fan meeting ended.

END.

Source:小雨六月@rainbar
English Translation by Rain-America.com

No comments: